ABB SwirlMaster FSS450
SwirlMaster FSS450 is the universal Swirl meter for high end flow applications. It uses a two-wire transmitter with leading edge DSP-Technology with advanced flow computer functionality. Signals from remote sensors like pressure, temperature, density or gas content can be computed directly with the signals from internal flow and temperature.
Ideal for direct mass flow or standard flow of gases and liquids or direct mass and energy flow on saturated and overheated steam.
Swirl flow meters can be utilized for highly accurate measurement of the flow of gases, liquids and steam over a wide range of temperatures in almost any application. Swirl meters are ideal for use on petrochemical raw materials, demineralized water and for direct, cost- effective steam mass flow by employing integral temperature measurement.
The SwirlMaster FSS450 is the advanced version with additional analog input for mass or energy flow measurement. Available with integral or remote transmitter with up to 30 m (98 ft.) cable length. Using optional inputs discrete flow computers are not longer needed in many applications.
- Easy assembly
– Only the shortest possible straight pipe lengths are required
– Measuring ranges have been well adopted to the flow rates
- Intuitive operation
– Easy Set-up function
– Clear text display
– Meter configuration through the front glass with closed cover
- Accuracy for liquids, gases and steam
– +/- 0.50% of rate
- Process connection / meter sizes
– Flange design / DN 15 to 400 (1/2 to 16 in.)
- Approvals for explosion protection
– ATEX, IECEx, cFMus, NEPSI
- SIL2-certified in accordance with IEC 61508
- Output / communication
– 4 to 20 mA / HART 7
- Optional binary output
– For use as a limit switch, pulse output or frequency output
- Optional input from field
– Pressure, temperature, methane content, density gas analyzer
- Integrated flow measurement computer functionality
– Gas standard volume and mass flow
– Vapor mass flow
– Direct energy calculation for vapor and water
– Natural gas calculation in accordance with AGA / SGERG standards