Cumulative Helium Leak Detector (CHLD), a single leak testing system for sealed packages, combines mass spectrometer expertise with cryogenic ultra-high vacuum. The Pernicka 700H offers hermetic testing superior to conventional GROSS Leak and FINE leak methods. This technique can be applied to any hermetically sealed device which contains a gas such as Nitrogen, Helium, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, etc. or can be "bombed" with Helium. The Pernicka 700H is controlled by an onboard computer that makes it easy to analyze sealed objects and archive test data simultaneously. The database provides a historical record and facilitates the tracking of production yields.
- High sensitivity for smallest detectable leak rates of 4 x 10E-14 atm-cc/s
- Combining Fine and Gross tests into a single operation results in fast and effective testing procedures
- Simultaneous detection of FCs, Nitrogen, Argon, Xenon, etc.
- Environmentally friendly - no toxic or hazardous materials required
- Integrated LCD monitor provides simple operation
- Onboard computer provides real-time data reading and recording
- Industrial, user-friendly design
- Suitable for leak test methods according to MIL-STD-750, method 1071, procedure CH1-CH2 and updated MIL-STD-883J, method 1014
- Large hybrid packages
- Ultra-small volume devices, such as UB packages
- High-reliability electronics
- Implantable medical devices
- Gas-filled electronic components